Review Policy & How Books Are Selected
I receive as well as request complimentary books (ebooks, paperbacks, ARCs) from publishers, authors, and/or publicity groups. Regardless of how I obtain each book, I only provide my honest opinion and I am not in any way required to present positive reviews. I am not paid for the reviews that appear on this site. I will state the source if the book is a complimentary copy. Otherwise, it is from my personal collection or borrowed.
All written and photographic content on carpediem (dot) fyi (with the exception of content directly from the publisher or author) is the property of CarpeDiem and may not be copied or reproduced in any fashion. The only exception is sharing the entire blog post via social media and/or quoting portions of the post when it is shared. (Authors may freely use the graphics quotes I create for their books, but I retain the rights to those graphics.)
Other than images created by CarpeDiem, all other images on this blog are the property of their respective owners. All possible effort has been made to give a source credit to images when applicable, but regardless CarpeDiem claims no credit for any image on this site other than those created by me as already indicated. If there is an image belonging to you that appears on this website and you would like it removed, please contact me at jennifer (at) carpediem (dot) fyi with a link to the image and I will promptly do so.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Each giveaway is open only to those who enter through the Rafflecopter or PromoSimple or Gleam form (whichever form is used for that particular giveaway. Most will be Rafflecopter) and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The giveaway is open to U.S. only (unless otherwise indicated) and is void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions, as final and binding as it relates to the content.
- Giveaway Period: Unless otherwise stated, a giveaway’s entry period is one week. Entries will be accepted on the day the contest begins until the Rafflecopter/PromoSimple/Gleam form closes to entries, usually at midnight a week later (CST).
- How to Enter: See eligibility terms
- Prizes: Winners will receive the prize or prizes as stated on the blog. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
- Winner Selection & Notification: Winners of each giveaway will be selected in a random drawing through Rafflecopter (or PromoSimple or Gleam). The winner or winners will be notified by email as soon as possible after the giveaway ends. The winner will have 48 hours to notify the sponsor and supply mailing address. CarpeDiem or its sponsors shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to check email, receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless CarpeDiem and its sponsors for liability, mail loss, illness, injury, death, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof.
An affiliate link simply means I have a relationship with the seller and if you choose to make a purchase after clicking through to that seller, I will earn a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you but offers you a potential opportunity and valuable resource.
CarpeDiem participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by displaying advertising and linking to Amazon. While I often provide links to books as part of my reviews, author spotlights, and deal alert posts, I will not recommend that you purchase a book or other product just so I can get a percentage back. My reviews are simply my honest opinion. In posts where a special deal is shared, I only share books I have read, books I want to read, or books that have been highly recommended by trusted friends. Of course, it is the reader’s choice as to which books to purchase (if any) and from where.
This site is open to discussion but not debate. Please keep all comments civil. If I feel that your comment is in any way unlawful, abusive, libelous, threatening, offensive, profane, unreasonably combative, spammy, or objectionable in any way I reserve the right to delete it. If you continue to leave comments in this vein, I reserve the right to ban you from the site.
You are responsible for your own words. I do not own your comments. By commenting on this site you agree to absolve me of any and all liability for what you write.
You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format including but not limited to a blog, book, video, or presentation.
This policy also applies to trackbacks.
This policy is effective as of March 1, 2017 and may change at any time without notification.