This blog is particularly about WORDS. . .BOOKS. . .and the WRITTEN WORD.
The phrase Seizing the Day one Word at a Time is particular to my belief in the power and pleasure of words. Our words matter! Your words matter! My words matter! Written words, spoken words, heard words, thought words. . .they’re all meaningful in some way. We all need to interact with words well and utilize today’s words well.
A few deets about me:
- SoCali native (born and raised)
- wife of a handsome guy (married 38 years, together 40)
- mother of two truly fabuloso now-adult-children (mom-in-love to another, too)
- furmom of a beloved tripawd Bichon Frise
- teacher by profession (albeit no longer full time, phew)
- a writer by choice (because no one tells me when or how anymore :-))
- coffee-and-chocolate (Ecuadorean specifically) devotee
- spoonie using them the best I can
- Christian by faith and relationship with Jesus Christ
- living, loving (and serving) on the south coast of Ecuador (six years and counting)
‘Nuff said about me!
In my personal life and words, I have difficulty getting past the “less is more” mindset. Therefore my reviews and posts tend toward the KISS (yeah, Keep It Simple Sweetheart) method. Easier for me, easier for my readers!
Carpe Diem is an admonition to Seize the Day – don’t waste it – use it to the best and greater good. Use your words to the best and greater good, too! I really do mean this and not in a narcissistic, grab all the gusto way. Seizing the day to me means being the best you can be, doing the most good and living with passion, compassion and love. Today really is the only one we have. . .
Yesterday is history. . .Tomorrow is a mystery. . .Today is a gift, that is why it is called the Present!
If you’ve an idea for Carpe Diem, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org.