Months after her husband, Sean, is killed by a hit-and-run driver, physicist Georgie Brennan discovers he lied to her about where he had been going that day.A cryptic notebook, a missing computer, and strange noises under her house soon have her questioning everythingClick To Tweet she thought she knew.
With her job hanging by a thread, her son struggling to cope with his father’s death, and her four-star general father up for confirmation as the next Secretary of Defense, Georgie quickly finds herself tangled in a political intrigue that has no clear agenda and dozens of likely villains. Only one thing is clear: someone wants her dead too.
What’s with this ongoing state of lies – the more she digs for the truth, the fewer people she can trust.
Not her friends.
Not her parents.
Maybe not even herself.
Click here to grab your copy.
About the Author
Siri Mitchell is the author of 14 novels. She has also written 2 novels under the pseudonym of Iris Anthony. She graduated from the University of Washington with a business degree and has worked in various levels of government. As a military spouse, she lived all over the world, including Paris and Tokyo. Siri is a big fan of the semi-colon but thinks the Oxford comma is irritatingly redundant. Visit her online at sirimitchell.com; Facebook: SiriMitchell; Twitter: @SiriMitchell.
An expertly written, riveting, compelling and so much more than fits neatly into the suspense novel genre! Everything about this novel is precise—the language, the people, the places. Politics, quantum physics, parenthood, hide-and-seek, questions and mysteries aplenty = I absolutely loved every page of this one – I was hooked from the start!
I most highly recommend State of Lies and I’m doing something highly unusual for me – I’m already reading this gem again! Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book. A favorable review was not required, no compensation was received, and all views expressed are my own.
More from Siri
A Sense of Place
I’m so excited about the release of State of Lies! Among the many reasons for my excitement is the fact that I set the story in my own home town: Arlington, VA. Here are some things you might not know about Arlington:
- Arlington was originally included within the borders of Washington, DC.
- Arlington isn’t actually a city – it’s a county. We’re the smallest self-governing county in the nation.
- Arlington regularly takes the top spot as the most educated place in the country.
- Arlington LOVES books. I count at least a dozen different little libraries in my neighborhood alone.
- Our region often has a hurricane warning or two every hurricane season. Can you guess where I’ve seen the longest lines when people start to make last-minute preparations? It’s not the grocery store; it’s not the hardware store. It’s the library! (Why wouldn’t you stock up on books too?)
- We host Arlington National Cemetery, the Iwo Jima Marine Corps War Memorial, and the Pentagon.
- We are home to the very first Five Guys hamburger joint location.
- We are also home to the headquarters of over a dozen national agencies as well as organizations like Rosetta Stone and Nestlé.
- People who attended our high schools include Sandra Bullock, Warren Beatty, Shirley MacLaine, Katie Couric, and Patch Adams.
- The thing I love most about Arlington? Its people. Countless government contractors members of the federal workforce live here. I number them among my friends and neighbors. I’ve never met a group more dedicated, more informed, or more determined to put their expertise to good use. And guess what? My heroine, Georgie Brennan, is one of them!
The Pentagon and Washington, DC
Book Reviews From an Avid Reader, August 20
Among the Reads, August 20
Babbling Becky L’s Book Impressions, August 20
Blogging With Carol, August 21
CarpeDiem, August 21
Josephine Anne Writes, August 21
Fiction Aficionado, August 22
All-of-a-kind Mom, August 22
Genesis 5020, August 22
Andrea Christenson, August 23
Locks, Hooks and Books, August 23
Pause for Tales, August 23
Through the Fire Blogs, August 24
Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, August 24
Inspired by fiction, August 25
Adventures of a Traveler’s Wife, August 25
For Him and My Family, August 26
Rebekah Jones, August 26
Betti Mace, August 26
As He Leads is Joy, August 27
Wishful Endings, August 27
Reflections From My Bookshelves, August 27
Moments, August 28
Mary Hake, August 28
Remembrancy, August 28
Just the Write Escape, August 29
Simple Harvest Reads, August 29
Hallie Reads, August 30
Bigreadersite , August 30
Living Life Free in Christ, August 30
Connect in Fiction, August 31
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, August 31
Texas Book-aholic, August 31
janicesbookreviews, September 1
A Reader’s Brain, September 1
Inklings and notions , September 1
Life of Literature, September 2
Real World Bible Study, September 2